Monday, January 17, 2011

Birthday Dinner


I made my first grown up party favors. Making pretty things isn't really my forte, so I'm quite proud of myself. They were for my sister Shauri's birthday dinner (She loves my mom's carmel popcorn).

She also goes crazy over smoky beef tacos, so even though I knew my mom was making them for her surprise party on Saturday, I went for it. Including leftovers, she's been eating them for 5 straight days now, and she seemed happy as could be to have them again.

The best thing about this menu though, is the guacamole de frutas recipe I posted today. Please try it. And do yourself a favor, go ahead and double the recipe right off the bat, you'll be glad you did.

Smokey Beef Tacos with Spicy Pineapple Salad (we use this as a topping for the tacos)
Green Salad

Aw, isn't she lovely?

No comments: