Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Coco Penny Launch Party


As long as I'm posting about parties, here is a menu I did last spring for my friends Mary and Marianne. They started a business called Coco Penny and needed some food for their launch party.

These Caprese Skewers were a hit. Mostly because I've recently discovered high end balsamic vinegar. It will transform your dish and (I don't want to be dramatic but...) your life. I get mine at a culinary boutique in Old Town, Alexandria, but I'm sure there are a million places you can find the good stuff. Just make sure the only ingredient listed is grape must.
Ignore my hand here. What am I doing? The top two platters are Herb Gruyere Thumbprints and the bottom platter has Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Gruyere Tartlets.
And for the sweet tooth, we had Bittersweet Chocolate Truffles rolled in pistachios.

And mini lemon cheesecakes. I substituted lemon for the orange in this recipe, put some lemon curd on top, and then used an animal cracker crust recipe I found on CooksIllustrated.com

And there you go. All these parties, maybe that's why I haven't gotten around to blogging over the past year. I think I'll use that as my excuse anyway :)

15 comments:

shauri said...

you should go in to catering. in fact, we should start a business together planning parties and catering them. Creative weddings? With just small bites? :)

Unknown said...

That food looks fabulous. If it tasted half as good as it looks then it was a hit for sure.

Kevin Pearson
http://www.pearsoncarpetcare.com

Liz said...

Those caprese skewers look amazing!

Kris said...

YUM. All of it - and I don't care what your hand is doing if it had anything to do with the creation of all that food.

Once a Quinn making delicious food... always a Quinn making delicious food. I'm with Shauri - start a business when she gets back to the states, whenever that might be. XO

Anonymous said...

The food looks delicious

Anonymous said...

POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men on when the flowered shirt certainly must avoid raising the quantity the POLO Shirts For Men., before others will think that you will be a southern coastal provinces guest, now has the possibility to think that this will be the young nouveau riche who will set up a stall does business. Certainly, looked at these many rules, you internal outside, high and low clothing's matching has not grasped as before, that tightens records one: Regardless of the white shirts matches anything to be appropriate long sleeve for women.
A white shirts cannot change the black magic, but with the different color POLO Sweaters For Men supplement, will have the rich change. The white shirts may treat as the uniform, puts on appears has the masculinity very much, both heroic and sex appeal. The white shirts may also be a dance suit, even may treat as the coat to put on, how to put on is decided completely by yours individual personal status and the style polo shirt.
The white shirts adds the black tie, ash trousers in this case then may apply. Such three put on the law, one kind of very free office worker felt for the Polo for women polo, does not need to trade the color daily, simple has the personal status, is office worker's best matching POLO T-Shirts For Men.

reginag said...

Yummy treats!
az medical marijuana

BG said...

GREAT POST!! can you check my blog??
coolasyoucan.blogspot.com.es

Lorena Marchis said...

that mini lemon cheesecakes looks delicios...i will try the recipe;
you can visit my new blog, if you want..:) have a nice day!

http://lorenamarchis.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

Check this out:

Real time Yahoo Messenger status on your blog:

just click to see: http://wik.ro/39h

Unknown said...

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. pull ralph lauren pas cher

Amanda said...

Let's enjoy your party with Dhow cruise Dubai

Anonymous said...

Hello!
could you do me a favor? could share my blog?
please mucĂ­simas thanks!!
kisses
martinamonteroblogg.blogspot.com

Aakash said...

Thank you for sharing

Digital ooh advertising agency in delhi
Music Lyrics
Savasher Biography
wallpapers Digital HD
Dog Training In Delhi
New Jersey Vape Shop

Unknown said...

really very nice
zooqle mirror proxy
eztv mirror proxy
best web proxy sites
skytorrents mirror proxy