Thursday, March 5, 2009

Becky's Spinach Salad


I made sure my mom got this recipe from our friend Becky Mullin when I tasted it at their New Year's Eve party.  At that same party Becky's husband was the first one to guess that I was pregnant with Max.  Maybe I was a little too eager with that salad. 

I love how the mushrooms and onions marinate in the dressing.  Enjoy!  

Ingredients
1 bunch spinach washed, stemmed and broken into pieces
1 head lettuce broken into pieces
1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
5 strips bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
2 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts

Dressing
1 cup oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 t salt
1/2 t dry mustard
1 t poppy seed
sliced 6 fresh mushrooms
1 red onion sliced

Instructions
Mix dressing ingredients and let marinate.  Toss dressing with salad just before serving.  

No comments: