Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pineapple Salsa Chicken


Ward cookbooks. I love 'em. Unfortunately, when you live in a ward like mine, chances are you don't know who the heck half of the people in the book are because they've moved. So thank you Valeria Saunders, wherever you are. And thank you Teri, for tipping me off. I just recently started making this, but it's already passed the "make it twice" rule I have about posting a recipe on here.

This is a crock pot pot recipe (slightly modified) that makes a great burrito filling. But I'll be honest with you. I usually just bust out a bag of chips and the whole family goes at it. Go ahead, judge me.

Ingredients
3 to 4 chicken breasts
1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
2 cans black beans, drained
1 (24 oz) jar salsa

Instructions
Place the chicken in the crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Shred chicken and mix back in with the rest of the ingredients.

2 comments:

Kristin Mulrooney said...

I have just made an adjustment to this weeks menu plan. Thank you!

Muncher Cruncher said...

I LOVE your blog! You always have such great recipes. Thanks for sharing!! This looks divine, and I'm going to have to make it this week. Thanks for the great eats!