Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Autumn Pear Salad


Yet another recipe from my trusty Favorites: A Collection of Favorite Ivory Family Recipes cookbook.  Thank goodness for the Ivorys, whoever they are.  I had a friend recommend this cookbook to me.  She swore that every recipe you tried would become a regular.  I took her word for it and then as I was looking through, I found at least 3 or 4 recipes that my mom already had.  I bet there are only 2 or 3 degrees of seperation between my mom and the Ivorys. We're practically related. 
  
Salad Ingredients
1 head green leaf lettuce, washed and torn
1/2 head red learf lettuce, washed and torn
2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
2 oz Asiago cheese, shaved with vegetable peeler
1/2 cup unsalted cashews, toasted

Salad Instructions 
In salad bowl, combine greens and 3/4 of the dressing.  Arrange pears, cheese and cashews over top and drizzle on remaining dressing. 

Dressing Ingredients
5 T olive oil
3 T Balsamic vinegar
1 t honey
1 t Dijon mustard
1 T chopped green onions
salt and fresh ground pepper

Dressing Instructions
Mix dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well and refrigerate

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the pleasure of eating this salad today, and I must say, it was amazing! Kristen, you rock! :)

amylouwhosews said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Amy's - and that's how I got here. Anyway, I just have to say that I also have that Ivory family cookbook. My friend gave it to me - she worked for Clark Ivory who is the CEO of Ivory Homes in Utah. Anyway, their family put together this cookbook for each other and I guess some of us non-familials got to share in the goodness. I've used a lot of recipes from there and they ARE good! Glad to have found your blog!