Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Make Ahead Breakfast

The beauty of this recipe is that like the name suggests, you make it the day before, so if you stay up late catching up with your guests, you won't have to worry about waking up at the crack of dawn to get breakfast ready for everyone the next morning.  

Ingredients
1 dozen eggs
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t salt
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 T butter
12 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Instructions
Beat eggs.  Stir in milk, salt and pepper.  Melt butter in skillet.  Add egg mixture.  Cook, stirring until eggs are set, but still moist.  Remove from heat and cool.  Stir in sour cream.  Spread evenly into buttered shallow baking dish (2 qt, 12x7).  Top with cheese and bacon.  Cover and refrigerate over night.  Preheat oven to 300.  Uncover eggs.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese has melted. 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm stoked about this recipe. I only have make ahead breakfast recipes that use bread for the bottom layer and it kind of grosses me out. I can't wait for this one and I love the idea of making it for holidays. Divine.

KA said...

So I'm thinking of making this for my family (14 people) over Christmas. How many do you think it serves? Should I double the recipe?