Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Out of Town Guests

This is a perfect breakfast to serve to your out of town guests because you can make everything the day before.  So you spend more time hanging out with friends than slaving away in the kitchen.  Though I will say, if you have the time, there's nothing wrong with a little piping hot cornbread.

My mom insists that she's not that great of a cook, she's just collected excellent recipes over time.  Well, that first part is a lie, but the second part is true.  She has some sa - weeeeet recipes, and this is one of them.  

She has made Make Ahead Breakfast for years and I'm pretty sure she has no idea where it came from (feel free to correct me mom).  Ever since I can remember we've eaten it every holiday morning.  I probably make it so much my kids won't consider it a special holiday meal, but how can I resist?  
   

1 comment:

jamie said...

I am loving and I mean, LOVING your recipe blog!!! Thanks for all the great recipes. I can't wait to make the "make ahead breakfast" it sounds scrumdidilyumpcious! :) And you're right, your mom is an insane cook!