Thursday, August 28, 2008

Paula Dean's Spaghetti Sauce

I love me some Paula Dean's Spaghetti Sauce.  I'll admit I've only tried a couple other recipes, but this is definitely my favorite.  I like to double the recipe and freeze it in batches - so easy!

Ingredients:

1 ½ lbs. ground beef
1 large onion

1 green bell pepper, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

Two 6-ounce cans tomato paste

One 8-ounce can tomato sauce

One
 14 ½ - ounce can stewed tomatoes
1 TB Italian seasoning

1 TB 
Worcestershire sauce 
2 TB sugar

1 t salt

Instructions:

Brown the beef and drain off the fat. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic, and sauté until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, 1 cup water, and seasonings. Simmer for 30 minutes. Let cool. The sauce will keep for several days, covered, in the refrigerator.

No comments: